CERTIFIED BUSINESS BUYERS COACHING AGREEMENT
AND DISCLOSURE STATEMENT
This Certified Business Buyers Coaching Agreement and Disclosure Statement (“Agreement”), dated ___, and signed in _________________ County, State of ___________, outlines the services and relationship with __________________ of ___________ (city) in the State of ___________ (“Buyer Prospect” or “You”) to assist Buyer Prospect in the process of locating and buying a business opportunity or franchise opportunity (collectively, “Business Opportunity”). I, ___________, a Certified Business Buyers Coach (“Coach or Your Coach”), certified by Business Buyers University, LLC, Charleston, South Carolina, (“BBU”) will work with you, as a Buyer Prospect, to assist You in locating and buying a Business Opportunity. BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND ACCEPT THAT BUYING A BUSINESS INVOLVES RISK, INCLUDING RISK OF FAILURE.
Your Coach will work with You and Your other stakeholders to create a plan to follow BBU’s Eleven-Step Process (“BBU’s Process”), as set forth below. BBU’s Process is designed to move You in the direction of owning Your own business. While decisions on buying a Business Opportunity are Yours alone, Your Coach will work with You to educate and motivate You toward Your Business Opportunity goals by implementing BBU’s Process, using products provided by BBU, and the expertise and experience of BBU founder, Business Coach, Ed Pendarvis, CBI (“Ed Pendarvis”). BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING:
- MANY FACTORS CONTRIBUTE TO THE SUCCESS, OR LACK THEREOF, OF A BUSINESS;
- MANAGEMENT PLAYS SUCH AN IMPORTANT ROLE IN THE SUCCESS, OR LACK THEREOF, OF A BUSINESS;
- NEITHER THIS COACH, BBU, NOR ED PENDARVIS MAKE ANY WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES WHATSOEVER OF PAST, PRESENT OR FUTURE SUCCESS OF ANY BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY FOR ANY SPECFIC BUYER PROSPECT;
- NOTHING IN THIS AGREEMENT CREATES A FIDUCIARY, BROKER OR AGENCY RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN BBU COACHES, BBU OR ED PENDARVIS AND THE BUYER PROSPECT;
- ALL DECISIONS IN BUYING AND/OR SELLING A BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY ARE THOSE OF THE BUYER PROSPECT AND SELLER, NOT OF THE COACH, BBU, OR ED PENDARVIS;
- LOCATION AND ACQUISITION OF A BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY MAY TAKE SEVERAL MONTHS, OR EVEN YEARS;
Business Buyers University Eleven-Step Process
- Initial Personal Meeting. The personal meeting may be conducted by phone, virtually or in-person, between Buyer Prospect and Your Coach to review BBU’s Buyer Packet in order to secure engagement and begin Your journey through the BBU Process, including, but not limited to: review Confidentiality Agreement and review our working together through the Certified Business Buyers Coaching Agreement and Disclosure Statement;
- Book and Videos. “Secrets of Buying the Right Business (for you) Right,” Ed Pendarvis, 2009 (Course 101 and Course 301);
- Review Business Opportunities. This review may include, but is not limited to, business broker listings, FSBO, and directed cold calling; followed by review with Your Coach;
- Introduction to Franchising. This includes, but is not limited to, review of franchising opportunities, followed by review with Your Coach;
- “Saturday Coffee Club with Warren and Ed.” Every Saturday at noon EST Ed Pendarvis and/or Warren Bazemore will host a weekly Zoom meeting for Buyer Prospects on buying and selling a business;
- Personal Weekly Zoom Meeting. Your Coach will meet weekly with You, individually, to address questions and next steps unique to You and the BBU Process;
- “Go Forward Business Planning.” Identify the preferred Business Opportunity for the Buyer Prospect;
- Aspects of Making an Offer. Your Coach will walk you through the process for making an offer on a Business Opportunity, including, but not limited to, protective contingencies, negotiations, down payment, financing, due diligence and options. (DISCLAIMER: Neither Your Coach, nor Ed Pendarvis are qualified to give valuation advice on the value of any real estate involved in the Business Opportunity.)
- Offer to Purchase Contract, With Contingencies. The Offer to Purchase Contract, With Contingencies officially begins the “Friendly Negotiations” between Buyer Prospect and Seller.
- Seeking Professional Advice. The Buyer Prospect shall seek advice from various professionals when conducting due diligence in considering a Business Opportunity, including, but not limited to, accounting, legal, financing, lease, and options; (DISCLAIMER: Neither Your Coach, nor Ed Pendarvis are qualified to give accounting or legal advice on a Business Opportunity.)
- Closing. In closing on a Business Opportunity Your focus is NOW, the NEXT 90 DAYS, and the FUTURE.
“Business Buyers Group Coaching” and “1-on-1 Coaching” services are billed at ninety-nine ($99.00) dollars a month and one thousand ($1,000.00) dollars a month, respectively, with a suggested minimum engagement of three (3) months, and the initial month’s payment due upon signing this Agreement. All parties to this CERTIFIED BUSINESS BUYERS COACHING AGREEMENT AND DISCLOSURE STATEMENT agree to use their best efforts and talents, both learned and God-given, to make this Agreement valuable to the Buyer Prospect in finding and buying a Business Opportunity. All information obtained in this engagement regarding You and Your stakeholders will be strictly CONFIDENTIAL.
I HAVE FULLY READ, UNDERSTAND, ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE TO THIS CERTIFIED BUSINESS BUYERS COACHING AGREEMENT AND DISCLOSURE STATEMENT.
CERTIFIED BUSINESS BUYERS COACH
BUSINESS BUYER PROSPECT